By The SEO Digital Marketing Team | Friday, February 15th, 2019 | SEO for Painters.
Just as Google is the undisputed king of the search engines, Google My Business is the king of online directory listings. Consider a handful of the numerous benefits you can enjoy if you have an optimized GMB listing for your painting business.
GMB is closely connected with both Google Search and Maps, which are two of the most common tools searchers use to find local businesses. You can probably think of a few benefits of Google My Business based on that fact alone. Did any of the following come to mind?
1. Better local visibility. No doubt, your website provides your contact information, including the city and state you’re based in. But if your site isn’t ranking on the first page of relevant search results, how will potential customers nearby know about your business? They won’t!
Yet, you’ll have a much better chance of being seen if you have an optimized GMB listing. Why? Several reasons. One, you can appear there even if your actual website isn’t ranking for a certain term. Two, a good listing reiterates where your business is based so that you can be found in local searches. Three, there’s far less competition in local search so you have a better chance of being visible.
2. Added credibility. Potential leads are often more attracted to businesses that have an active online presence and who obviously take pride in their brand image. A complete, professional listing can thus put your painting company on the shortlist when someone is looking for your services.
3. Greater reputation management capabilities. If you don’t create or claim your Google My Business listing, you are not in control of your reputation. Others are. How so? People can leave reviews and add business information even if you’ve not created a listing. So what will happen when, for instance, a disgruntled customer leaves a damaging review for all to see? Or when someone is inconvenienced because of incorrect information added by someone else? Will you find yourself scrambling to save face? Not if you’re in control of your listing.
4. Increased and more interested website traffic. Your listing should include a link and encourage viewers to visit your website to find out more about your painting services, see your work, etc. If you do a good job of holding their attention and interest, many of them may follow through and visit your site. This, in turn, can help your site to rank higher, especially as individuals linger and engage there.
5. More sales. When complete with contact info, a rich description, business hours, photos, and so on, a Google My Business listing gives a brief but powerful overview of your business. This can generate many new painting leads and directly influence sales.
As you can see, GMB is a must have if you’re trying to establish and maintain a solid online presence for your business. But how do you create and optimize a listing? If you need some pointers, reach out to us and we’ll be glad to help!